The online virtual circuit course is designed for candidates taking the MRCOG Part 3 exam.
It is conducted either over two days or one day depending on the number of cases (14 or 7).
Each registered candidate will perform their cases with 2 minutes reading time and 10 minutes for performing the station. It will be under strict exam conditions with no interruption. To make it as close as possible to a live circuit course, it will be video-based.
The candidate will see the examiner/ role player and the examiner/role player will see the candidate while performing.
The circuit is carefully designed so that each candidate is assessed on their:
1. Clinical skills.
2. Application of the 5 core clinical domain skills related to each of the 14 modules.
Applied clinical knowledge.
Communication with colleagues.
Communication with patients and relatives.
3. All aspects of various attitudes & communication with the simulated patient.
Appropriateness of language used.
History taking skills.
Conveying empathy and sympathy.
Diffusing anger of the patient/ relative.
Communication skills with teenagers.
4. Communication with the examiner in terms of using professional language and appropriately organizing their thoughts.
5. Knowledge of NHS referral pathways and hierarchy of care.
1. Detailed live video-based feedback on each case.
2. Discussion with the candidate.
3. Advice on how to improve.
4. Sources/ material for further reading according to what each candidate specifically needs to improve based on the feedback.
Upon registration, the candidate will receive an email to:
Confirm if they have any specific areas he/she would like us to focus on/consider in the circuit they will perform, and thereafter given instructions on how the circuit will be conducted and on which online platform.
Until now, our VCC has been conducted for 46 candidates
27 April 2022
30 April 2022
(8:00 am UK Time)
17 April 2022
15 April 2022
How To Register
Choose your VCC type below (14 or 7 cases) and fill in the registration form where you will be asked to choose your desired date. After submitting the form, you will receive a link to submit the online payment and confirm your seat.
If you have previously attended any course with us, you are eligible for a discount up to 20%. The discount will be received after registration.
Pay securely online via MasterCard or Visa
*online payments are processed in Qatari Riyals